Other than it being my nephew's birthday, a rare first show of Anberlin (2nd for Copeland) performing at The Pavilion, Far East Square happens on that awesome day.
I woke up and thought of my clothes - asked my parents and suprisingly, I got off pretty well. But, while I was getting ready, I ripped the supposedly dress I wanted to wear at the worst places and I burned my hand with the iron.
Ugh. It's okay, Sal! This is Nothing compared to what I am going to experience later!
So I just closed my eyes to pick what I could wear, and pray that I wont melt even in the airconditioned room. Got ready and went out at around 4pm. Reached about 5+ at Raffles MRT station and apparently hw didi was very late. While waiting, I noticed young kids about 16~18 hanging around at the station. I went, "Omg-wtf-am-i-like-old-here-or-something?" in my head, and to avoid looking and more of these people I ended up staring at the map directory beside me. -_-"
Waited for this omg-you-are-so-late-for-the-wrong-things!-godbrother for more than half an hour before he sheepishly smiled at me.
It's like unbelievable in my eyes, because they already started queueing and when we were lining up, the crews came around to get our stubs and exchanged it for our tags. Apparently, I find it funnily weird that the crew told me to keep my end of the stub Carefully. (He even held it with both his hands before returning it back to me.)
While mildly suffocating with the air that might choke us even further if it's not for this show, I noticed a guy beside me with an Artiste tag on him. I told hw to look and he arh, I don't know if it's just me or something, but it's like, he don't understand the meaning of artiste. Can ask me so many questions and I feel damn paiseh to reply him 'cos this cool dude was on my right. I couldn't say something like, you dumb dumb, that's the _____ from (imagine if i say a wrong band). Can't bullshit you know?
Anyway, I got massive glances by people but I proudly announced while we were rushing towards the open doors that, "I'm proud to be short and outstanding and the only one!"
*evil laughs*
We looked at the merch and truthfully, it looks like it was on qouta or something, 'cos the amount of merch sold wasnt as much as I thought it would be. But the CDs were cheaper, 20 bucks instead of the 29.90 at HMV stores.
After that we were went to the front/side row, and me, being the fussy 'I-am-short-and-I-have-to-admit-it' me, I had a freaking love-hate affair with the platform I was standing. I was pushed back by a guy taller by more than a head, front by guys who said they came from Iceland, and I even fell before I can have that platform without 2 guys standing behind me and enjoyed the rest of the show.
So the show started off with The Fire Fight. A new band, but I believe they are serious musicians, judging by the way the strut their stuff. I was so shocked that some people can't even say their band names and kept saying The Fire Flight. Like, er, PLEASE READ YOUR TICKETS lah~! ISN'T it THERE? Same goes to Vertical Rush and March Twelve. Well, they had their amazing stuff on stage, but I was suprised Ms. Marie(if i'm not wrong) or Ms. Vocals said something vulgar when she was like the only lady up on the stage for the entire show.
-
Emcee: Singapore representatives eh?
Us: *o_o* wtf?
-
After the awesome local bands performance, we had a 1/2 hour break before Copeland starts. We also had 1 minute silence and a song from Vertical Rush tribute to the late Wayne Thunder. During these times I was arguing with my selfish brain over so many things that I almost wished I have 2 me-s so I could be backstage while standing at the platform.
So while the emcee was going to introduce Copeland, he told us that we should keep the stubs for the next day~ 4th June for a Secret Acoustic Show at HomeClub. For all ages yadayada~ I'm like ohhh, so that's why the guy asked me to keep my stub. 10 bucks instead of the usual 20. Hmm. I wished it was in the afternoon and not late because I'd be breaking my own responsibilities if I were to be late 2 nights in a row. But sadly, the show will only start after 7.30pm. Sigh. Nevermind. Make 3rd June worthwhile! After the emcee said all that, he continued by saying... "So let's welcome..."
"ANBERLIN!!!"
*crowds cheers* I went o.O but continued cheering.
Then Copeland came out and pointed out the emcee's mistake. and he sheepishly apologised while we jeered at him. Lol. You weak emcee! But it was cool, Copeland was laughing over it.
And... while Copeland played we all are pretty well behaved until when it comes to the fast songs. I recalled them singing You Have My Attention as well. One song dedicated to those who went for Baybeats 2005 (Copeland's 1st show).
Some girl just screamed, "I love you Copeland!" out of nowhere.
Aaron replied, "I love you too". I bet that girl fainted or something. haha.
Another break for Anberlin... this time everyone looks more hyped and ready to enjoy themselves. When I said with an evil laugh, "Now it's our turn to sing out loud!" some chicks in front of me heard and giggled among themselves. I'm quite curious whether it's like a joke or something, but who cares! I will enjoy myself, yeah! *pumped up*
And yeap. When Anberlin came up, Stephen was teaching us to sing Oh Oh Yeah Yeah for Time & Confusion, we end up singing along the rest of the songs. Stephen went on saying, "Oh my. We should have come sooner!" The peeps were so energetic and hyped that everyone was singing along to every single Anberlin song. We continued singing parts of the song that Stephen left out and he looked pretty amazed. Stephen even reintroduced the band "coming from the US". I replied, "Like, hell, we all know yeah!"
Moshing was funny. I wasn't part of it though hehe. :D
What I was enjoying most was 2 songs, Dismantle.Repair.
(I sang along to it with all my heart. as well as screaming "Change", "REPAIR!" "You dismantle me" and "Help me! Save me from myself" - Somehow I was seriously singing my hearts and emotions out. I really sound like I meant every word. And I felt good. =] )
And of course,
the LAST SONG. DANCE DANCE CHRISTA PAFFGEN.
I KNEW they would play the song! HAHA. *dances*
It's my first and I bet my best awesome show.
Please come back Anberlin & Copeland !!!
*Hearts*
-------*
Godspeed for you. (relives the moment)





No comments:
Post a Comment