Taken from Anberlin's Cities Homepage. (Audio interview with the band, click on New Orleans)
Question 23, asked by PointBlank
Gentlemen, do you have any feelings towards fans of your music that are not only religiously-affiliated, but who may be anti-religious, agnostics, or atheists?
-
Stephen:
...but who may be anti-religious, agnostics, or atheists? I guess my response would be, I have no problems.
For me, music was created not for any type for one genre, one person. I don't care what ur sexual orientation is, your race, your colour, your creed, where you were brought up, the color of your skin. It just doesn't matter. Like music, if genre was music, it should be for the entire world and I am not about to limit myself and say "Well, my music was only created for this group or this group or only this group is cool enough to listen to this". That makes no sense, it makes no logical sense. So.. honestly, I love everyone and I would love everyone or anyone to listen to Anberlin.
The only thing that kind of struck me as odd is the fact is the (question states) "that are not only religiously unaffiliated but who may be anti-religious..."
That's the one thing that's just the fact that no one should be anti-religion. I think everyone should be open-minded enough to accept everybody no matter, again, what their color, creed or sexual orientation or religion is. I think that they should be open minded enough to accept everyone and anybody in their life and also get to know it. I think we fear what we dont know. And so, I encourage everyone to seek and go find answers. [And go] search out beauty and truth, because to me that's the 2 things are worth it, the 2 things that keep me here in Anberlin, that keeps me alive and keeps me doing what I'm doing. So, go out there ... [and that's about it]
Hey, Anberlin is here with open arms for anyone, not for just any one group or religion or affiliation. So, thanks alot for your questions, guys. We really appreciate it.
-------*
I couldn't explained myself any better.
If there is any side notes, it would be: I'll try to get my paws on Anberlin's Special Ed Cities CD and on Saosin's AP cover magazine. I'll get my butt moving to find Saosin's article in Singapore.
Oh, and make my DebitCard. =]
For online shopping. (yesyesyesyesyesyesyes)
Why Jakarta, Saosin? Why?! Singapore's better! *whines*
Also, why Malaysia, Good Charlotte? Why?! (It's ok though. Hehe. I will be broke if all comes here. Man man lai~ =D )
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
"We fear what we don't know"
All the kinds of dire kisses available
Anberlin,
Good Charlotte,
Music,
Saosin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment