Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Presenting.... the band on the AP cover (May '07)



Saosin *hearts*

No obssession. Just that I should give them a credit somehow =]

When I first knew the existence of Saosin, Cove Reber has already taken the throne that was once held by Anthony Green. I enjoyed their songs more than I could have imagined. But when I tried finding information about the band as a whole, what they do, where they come from, all I get is more of the remarks where Reber shouldn't be in and Green should have stayed or something that goes along the line of Reber spoilt the whole thing. Whatever negative remarks the fans might have over the handover.

I kept quiet towards all this hoo-haa but my thoughts kept replying,
"Give this man a break."

For a slight second or two, I tried to be in Reber's shoe, and I'm more than sure that I will find it amazingly depressing if I need to be better to be the upperhand of the comparison. Meeting up with expectations even though no matter how raw you are to the scene? With quite a number fans that does such remarks, truthfully, are they fans of Saosin or fans of Anthony Green?


Qouted by Cove Reber in the article:
"You have no clue how many times I wanted to quit this band"


Yes, Saosin's amazing when Anthony Green was in, but then again, he chose to go out. Where's the respect for the ones left in the background? The guitarists, bassist and drummer? The band's already moved on.

So did Anthony Green...
With Circa Survive and The Sound of Animals Fighting.


...And fans should too. [who's more inclined to the old stuffs that the band has]




After reading the article, I more or less have placed them up a notch.
In respect to what each member has gone through. *keeps the magazine proper*


If Saosin's ever reading this, which I highly doubt, but I'm going to say anyway...
Remember this please... I may just be one person but,




I respect your music.
...and do come to Singapore one day ~


=]



-------*

This is music. I judge music by hearing and not by seeing their faces or what had they have to go through. How I like something by hearing sounds that they enjoy making. I tend to break things I like into pieces, understand each one of them, and piece them back just the way I like them to be. Either it better or worse, it is naturally my own opinion. And seriously, I never really have gotten used to MTV. Weirdly.

You can't say I'm a born lover on a genre. I was born into a family that mainly listens to the radio. And with the genes I have from my previous generations. But I also have 3 older brothers that listens to what I am currently comfortable listening to. Whatever my brothers once enjoy was naturally part of my growing up phase. Something I pick up and assembled into my life. If we like what we hear, we keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment