Hola! Just a lil' update =]
Hmm.. Let's see...
Today I fasted and and and and I made sushi! :3
Apparently this time round it tasted better (aka the rice/sushi vinegar worked!)
I'm still using sis's recipe to cook the rice (ie. ratio of rice: water = 1:1)
Apparently when I checked my rice vinegar this afternoon, it's already expired -_-"
But nontheless, I tried out using a recipe found at my just-bought packet of seaweed. (Take that for recipe advice!)
Sushi vinegar alternative
6 tablespoons white vinegar (that's normal vinegar any household should have)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt (I used 1 and a half instead)
Put them all in a pan and heat the mixture up until all the granules disappear and is properly mixed. (You can start smelling a strong smell from the vinegar, if you can't take it, switch on the cookerhood like it did =D)
I always have trouble getting the right amount of vinegar to add to the rice to taste good, and also, today I was fasting, so I couldn't taste the rice beforehand. I was on a wimp, and added 2 tablespoons of the sushi vinegar to 1 cup of uncooked rice (I cooked 2 cups of rice, thus, I added 2 tablespoons of the vinegar to half of the rice cooked).
I have utensils to make my sushi rolls :D and I didn't use the seasoned seaweed this time.
And by chance, it taste awesome when I broke my fast. I didn't make my usual tamago (ie. sweet egg) because there's alot of leftovers at home and I also wanted to make sure I make the rice taste good on its own this time. Hmm... I might add abit more sugar if I'm on my sweet tooth, but it's all thumbs up I walloped quite a bit =x
Hee hee. Although, I have to admit... I have to practice rolling the rice and seaweed properly.
(And also, NO pics cos well... it's abit messy with bits of rice spewing abit out here and there and also by the time I thought of taking a picture, everything's inside the tummy already =x)
Maybe I'll take the pics tomorrow with the other half of the rice! Mom and Dad don't seem very keen on sushi. Heh.
Toodles :3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment