Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Both We and Our Words are Over-Produced by Influence

Acronyms for the post:
Geylang (gl) and Jurong East(je)

Say Hello to the World! Hope my readers are all fine =]

My December calendar seems to be rushing and things are looking like as if it's spinning out of the rink of Time.

Dad finally decided upon the new flooring, and it should be done before Hari Raya Aidiladha. Apparently it was a torture, as I think that we almost got cheated out of our money.

So we went around finding a contractor to do the flooring, and at gl, we were spotted looking around by an agent in his shop. Being friendly, my dad opened the table with his intentions. Whatever happened, I was observing this talkative man.

-Short description of the conversation-
Dad: So how much does it cost to do the whole house?
Him: Arhh.. For your house ar, abang, don't worry, it's about 4k plus.
Dad: What about the living room?
Him: Oh, cheap one. 2k plus ar. I give discount on the doors.

...

If I was drinking, I'd probably spat out the water at his face out of disbelief. My brain was ticking and my heart was pumping. Come on, it can't be that much... My instinct started kicking in. I whipped my phone out and smsed my brother regarding the cost of his fiance's flooring cost. He gave me a rough figure of 1k plus and asked me to confirm it with her. And i smsed her as well. She gave me a rough figure of about 1.5k plus.

Instantly, we are talking about money here. My whole body instinctively gave this "No, I don't like this price" sign to Dad. Luckily, we decided to reconsider it. Told Mom about the price qouted by Sis and both of us talked to Dad after he finished doing his awesome trick of persuasion.

That happened a few days back.



So today, we went to je and went to the place that my sis's dad recommended. And the rough qoute was... 2k plus for the whole house. Plus, because we were referred by their customer (ie. my sis's dad), we got a referral discount. And that amount was "supposed" to be the price of just the living room in the previous ge agent.

Read the price difference and honestly, that first qoutation is ridiculous.
After that, I felt uber satisfied with the cost.






So, if you need layering (flooring), I can recommend you ;)


(it's also time to rack out all the junks in my room! ughhhhhhhhh~)

-------*

One day, I went to brush my hair with just my hands and this is what I get...


Just one swipe.

-------*

Last drink of being 19.

First drink of being 20. (see my favourite sheep at the background?)

Anyone wanna guess? =X

-------*

Went around Daiso... And I found this!




There's always plenty of smiles for everyone!
=]





-------*

Currently ringing in my head:
Act Appalled - Circa Survive

Will you walk straight?
We're not like them.
To pull them in, make it seem like your in trouble
Make a sound, fake it enough.

What made you so scared?
Maybe you're mistaken for someone who cares

If you remember, remember
I've been trying to get back to the center
I'm sure it's not like it was before

To make them drink, tell them that it's only water
No one leaves 'till we figure this out
What made you so scared?
Maybe you're mistaken for someone who cares

If you remember, remember
I've been trying to get back to the center
I'm sure it's not like it was before

Patience
Both we and our words are over-produced by influence
By influence

Patience
Both we and our words are over-produced by influence
By influence
By influence

I'm only asking if you remember, remember
I've been trying to get back to the center
and I'm sure...
It's not like it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment